It doesn’t get much better than this. Garlic and rosemary always go well with lamb.
Garlic Crusted Roast Rack of Lamb
Lamb Cut: Loin
Yield 2 servings
- 1/2 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1/8 cup rosemary leaves
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 rack of lamb, frenched (2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil and process until the garlic is finely chopped. Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper and rub the garlic-rosemary oil all over them. Set the racks fat side up on a large rimmed baking sheet and let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Roast the lamb in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the racks and roast for 10 minutes longer for medium-rare meat. Transfer the racks to a carving board, stand them upright and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve the racks in between the rib bones and transfer to plates. Serve right away.