Pan Fried Lamb Chops
Yield 2 servings
- 2 saddle chops (or any other lamb chop)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, diced
- 1 cup lamb stock (or beef, or chicken)
- 1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine)
- Heat the oven to 350°, and heat a cast iron skillet with oil.
- Dry the chops off with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chops for a few minutes per side, until you have a good color on them.
- Move to a rack in a baking sheet and place in oven. Cook until 145° internal for medium rare.
- In the hot pan, add the diced rosemary and garlic, stir for a few seconds, then add stock to deglaze the pan.
- Keeping it on high heat, reduce until thick like a syrup. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- (Optional) strain the sauce to remove the garlic and rosemary.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.
Recipe by Lone Star Lamb at https://lonestarlamb.com/2018/04/14/pan-fried-lamb-chops/