Lamb Sausage Stuffed Quail
Yield 12 servings
- 12 semi-boneless quail
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp white pepper
- 1.5 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Season the quail with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Stuff each quail with as much sausage stuffing as it will hold.
- Heat your oven to 375°, and heat a large dutch oven with a good amount of butter.
- Add the quail to the dutch oven, browning the breasts for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the quail, then move the dutch oven to the oven (without the lid). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage is fully cooked.
Recipe by Lone Star Lamb at https://lonestarlamb.com/2018/04/13/lamb-sausage-stuffed-quail/